Mobile Center of Excellence Checkup
In the past, the technologies used to deliver personalized and contextual services were either unavailable, unaffordable, or reserved solely for the consumer market. Today, however, the next wave of computing—mobile, cloud computing. big data, and analytics—has provided the foundation for businesses to create adaptive, personalized applications and services. Delivered point-of-need, these smarter services allow enterprise products and services to meet the burgeoning demand for always-connected, accurate, and real-time information.
This 2-day workshop will draw on concepts and examples from Maribel Lopez's recent book,
Right-Time Experiences: Driving Revenue with Mobile and Big Data” to educate business and IT leaders in your organization and identify new possibilities for products and services driven by the intersection of mobile, cloud and analytics.
Many organizations create a Mobile Center of Excellence to establish mobile as a foundational competency within the organization. But the mission of the MCOE can be very different across companies. Some MCOE’s are set up to create standards across the organization. Some are designed to be App Factories. Others assume both responsibilities and then some.
During the workshop we will discuss trends, provide examples of what others are doing
and run exercises to help you apply these concepts to your business. Topics that we cover include:
Securing the Mobile Enterprise
When asked to identify the largest impediment to implementing
an Enterprise Mobile Strategy, “security” is almost always #1.
In fact, the 2015 Apperian Executive Enterprise Mobility report suggests security is more than twice as important as any
But if you can’t find the right balance between security and usability you either won’t roll out any apps or the experience will be so painful that employees won’t use them. Either way you’re stuck with a stagnant mobile strategy and little more than email, contacts and calendar.
Mobile Testing Strategy Workshop
Development-to-deployment cycles for apps are accelerating like never before. As a result, both dev and test teams are under increasing pressure to deliver not just faster, but higher quality apps. That pressure is increased even further by the ever-increasing weighvt of devices, systems, apps or test-cases your company must support.
But many Enterprises remain woefully unprepared to test their applications properly. It’s not that these companies don’t understand testing as a function. They do – for traditional desktop and web applications. They simply lack the processes, skills, tools, devices or resources necessary to get the job done effectively and efficiently when it comes to testing for mobile.
ETC Consulting Pack
Sometimes you just have a few questions about a technology or challenge that is specific to your company. For those times you can ask questions to the experts at Lopez Research and Propelics. Consulting Packs can be purchased in 10 hour increments.
· Common mobile security myths
· Why your MDM platform is probably not the problem
· Security at the network, device and app level
· Federated identity platforms
· An introduction to the Policy Characteristics Matrix
· Strategies to securely deliver apps to unmanaged devices
· What are Right-Time Experiences?
· Real-world examples that illustrate how companies across various industries are creating better business
processes by integrating new technologies.
· A three-step action plan for getting started and overcoming organizational and technical obstacles.
· How to get up and running with incorporating mobile, big data, and analytics.
· A guide to drawing insight from mobile, social, and other sources to create richer experiences.
· Review MCOE Vision, Mission & Desired Outcomes
· Examine Plans for 2017 and beyond
· Current State Assessment
· Key MCOE Accomplishments
· Span of Control of the MCOE
· Process for identifying and prioritizing mobile demand across the Enterprise
· Assess the State of Mobile across the company – Mobile strategy definition, information management, IT
delivery & support, policy definition, project governance, UX standards, app architecture, development and
MDM platform and SDLC processes
· Compare to MCOE Best Practices
· Create an actionable roadmap to close gaps
· Recommendations & Next Steps
· Current challenges in mobile testing
· Differences versus traditional application testing
· Getting device test coverage right
· Why and When to use Cloud Testing Platforms
· Mobile Testing Platforms to Know
· Keys to a Mobile Test Automation Strategy
The 4-day Propelics Kickstart provides a 360º assessment of your MCOE and provides
recommendations for improvement
In this 2-day workshop, we will review:
In this 2-day Kickstart led by enterprise test architects & strategist will cover the following topics: